CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008




So here are two of my latest Muskie chasing flies. They are going to take the test on Sunday. Last week I tied a bu crappie on the snch of flies. 9 white and olive gizmos and one EP crappie. I lost the EPecond cast. So I tied up a few this week. I have been experimenting with different fibers for my fish. I had a whole bunch of puedo-marabou that I won at the expo. The first few flies were all tied with that. It was a bit too soft and tangley so it tended to foul around the hook. I went on a little binge and bought some yak, craft fur, and some other fiber I can't remember right now in white olive and cream, some of each. I love yak. I want bunches and bunches of this stuff. If anyone has some kicking around and they dont use it break it out try again, its fun. As much as I love Yak I hate Craft Fur more. I hate this shit, hate it hate it hate it. I will try to find some other use for it, but I just don't dig it for making fish. I have heard that Rainy's makes some good craft fur but I can not find it anywhere. Does any one know who carries it? Nick, help me out here. I feel like I am skinning a muppet. I don't want to kill muppets. I can use a dead animal to make a fly, but not a muppet. I had a girlfriend who loved muppets, maybe it is a carry over from her closet full of creatures. Does anyone have any pointers on my EP flies. Oh yeah, does no shop in this valley carry actual EP fiber? I know Fish Tech is getting some. I get first dibs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work dude! Great bugs. Great photos.

Piscatologist said...

Muskie are a kick! Nice work.
Fishwest in Sandy has the EP fibers.