CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The last week






Well here is a rundown of the happenings and goings on for the last seven days of my life!! Yah! exciting. whatever. Well first off another day of chasing the Muskie. I am going to start calling them the dragon. So another day of chasing the dragon. It was a good day on the water. I went with Doug Barnes and his wife Coleen. We all got into some fish. I got really sick of loosing fish from them cutting me off so I bought some knotable wire leaders and gave them a go. Not a damn thing. Switched back to florocarbon and a fish on the first damn cast, on to something...... hmmm...... A few fish here and there no big action. It was pretty funny though. I seemed to catch more fish when I had an audience. Grizz and Brian came around the corner in their drift boat, fish on! Nick came around the corner, fish on. A skier fell right by me, fish on. I paddled back to talk to doug, fish on. You get the point.

Wes and I went to Wendover to fill a keg for is sister Hayleys birthday party. Wes won a small tourney. He now has two under his belt. I broke even. I played some good poker and some bad poker. We had the Kegger the next night and I got tipsy for sure. On a side note a new fun game, Find at least four of your closest friends go into the street and shoot paint balls straight up in the air with a sling shot. Use two friends to coordinate your X and Y axis'. It is funny.

Woke up late on my way to meet Nick for a trip to fish some water in Wasatch county. First stream had a redicoulous Stone hatch. It started out really quick, but I am thinking the stained water made fishing real hard. We both had a few fish. A change of location brought more fish albeit small. On the way home we hit up the Berry for some mouse action. I had a few swirls but no hard hits.


Urban fishing is so damn funny. Planter rainbows are dumb, and carp are smart. Mexicans can roll 15 deep in the back of a truck. Little kids would rather fish then watch TV. Make sure to keep your car in eye site. Ipods left on the stream may or may not be there when you return. Chew keeps me mellow. Little kids can not land 10lbs carp but Nick can. Giant goldfish will tail for a chartreuse headstand. I am bringing a beer next time.









That silly bastard only had one eye

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a unique and enjoyable evening. Strange how a night fishing can bring the neighborhood together, transcends the language barrier and remind you that carp are more of a challenge then trout.