CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008


I forgot what a trout looks like. My last handful of trips have all been chasing Muskie. With each trip comes a new success a lot more knowledge crammed in my ear and one more theory about easier ways to catch these beasts. Today I only boated two fish. This has been pretty much par for the trips, but I had nearly half a dozen hook-ups today. I had two fish on two consecutive casts!!!! The first was a bruiser that I site casted to, he was hanging in a sunken tree. He ran to deep water and found another sunken tree and tangled me. Lost fly (story of the day for me). Tie on an other new little pattern I worked up. Cast sink sink sink half a strip and feel some weight set the hook and off it goes. I could feel him roll under the water and he cut me off. I am going to have to use some steel leader. My hookups and strikes my be less frequent, but I feel so terrible about leaving those big salt water flies hanging in the fish. I had the biggest fish ive hooked into up there right at the boat ramp. He jumped some damn high, twice!!! before he cut me off. What a good day.

I am stealing some photos from Douglas Barnes www.nowpicturethis.com from out last outing.

0 comments: